The Nikon ProStaff 5 60-A spotting scope certainly punches well above it's price tag. Well suited to backpack hunting because it's weather resistant, light weight, slim and good in low light conditions
The 60mm objective lens of this Nikon spotting scope fieldscope transmits high levels of light, meaning that it produces clear and reliable images even in lower lights such as dawn or dusk.
Porro prism in design, the Nikon ProStaff 5 60-A has fully multicoated optics and has a weather sealed housing that is fully o-ring sealed, and purged with nitrogen to ensure all-weather performance. Regardless of the weather conditions the field-of-view of this spotter will be sparkling clear and the optic's internal mechanism will be well protected from the negative effects of moisture and atmospheric residue. Waterproof to 1m for up to 10 minutes, with a rugged and durable build this spotting scope will handle any kind of weather.
The angled eyepiece of this Nikon spotter allows for comfortable viewing even during extended viewing.
Built with ease of use and comfort in mind, the ProStaff 60 spotter has a built-in sliding sunshade to protect against glare and to keep rain from landing on the objective lens.
Please note that this the scope body only, and you will also need the Nikon ProStaff 5 Eyepiece.
- Objective lens diameter - 60mm
- Focal length - 4m / 13.1’
- Field of view (if used with 16x magnification eye piece) - 45.2m at 1000m / 2.6°-136.2' at 1000yd
- Exit pupil diameter (if used with 16x magnification eye piece) - 3.75mm
- Exit pupil diameter (if used with 48x magnification eye piece) - 1.25 mm
- Eye relief - 16.5 mm
- Weatherproofing - Submersible to 1m / 3.3’ for 10 minutes
- Dimensions - 290 x 85mm / 11.4 x 3.3"
- Weight - 740g / 26oz
- Large objective lens for a brighter field of view
- Compact, lightweight and smooth ergonomic design
- BaK4 lenses and prisms are fully multilayer-coated for brighter images
- Built-in sliding hood provides glare, dust, rain and snow protection for the objective
- O-ring sealed, nitrogen-purged, waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes) and fogproof protection
- Bayonet-type eyepiece mount with locking system for a quicker, more secure eyepiece connection
- Chromatic aberration at the peripheries of the view field is minimized furnishing color fidelity out to the edge
- Angled view for added comfort
- Fusion Camouflage
- Sizing Chart
THIS PATTERN FEATURES
- Large Shape Disruption (nature-based algorithms)
- Small-Medium Texture Disruption (nature-based algorithms)
- Disruptive Coloration (with a carefully curated pallet of nine colors)
- Focal and Depth Confusion (both focal and peripheral vision is greatly affected)
- Light and Dark Crackleture (further distorts the subjects overall body shape)
LARGE SHAPE DISRUPTIONThe large shape disruption in this pattern distorts and hides the hunters' body shape by incorporating large regions of light and dark colors that work against the signature human figure.
SMALL-MEDIUM TEXTURE DISRUPTION
When closer to your prey, texture based disruption is integral to hiding your shape and location. A scattering of small to medium-sized elements using the pattern’s color palette effectively blend the hunter in to their surroundings and ensure that alerted prey has a more difficult time identifying anything.
Large and small disruption supports the overall disruptive coloration found in this pattern. This advanced pattern uses a fine-tuned set of nine colors to both contrast against body outline and blend with the surroundings.
FOCAL AND DEPTH CONFUSION
By carefully using color and algorithms based on nature, the prey’s focal vision is confused. Depth perception is affected with the use of color and the built-in sense of depth. Finally, peripheral vision of the prey is confused by the controlled contrast and disruptive coloration.
LIGHT AND DARK CRACKLETURE
Unique to this pattern, crackleture offers yet another level of versatility and effectiveness by further distorting the hunter’s shape.